Registration for the conference is required in order to access the Zoom links for each session. To access the free registration page, visit https://musicsoundtraumaconf2021.com/registration/
Where to find Zoom links for Individual Events:
- Once you’ve registered for the conference, you will receive a link to the ClearEvent portal via email—click on that link to get to the portal.
- Once you are in the ClearEvent portal, click on the “Schedules” icon.
- Now, select the appropriate day, and scroll to the particular session or event you’d like to attend.
- The Zoom link is accessible in two places: you can click on the title of the event, or on the word “Virtual” at the bottom of the session.
- As with all Zoom events, please do not share these links with anyone who has not registered, in order to avoid Zoom bombing or other interruptions.
Zoom Webinar Settings:
- Most of the conference sessions will take place as Zoom “Webinars.”
- When you enter a Zoom Webinar, it is possible you may be prompted to enter a Zoom name (handle) and your email address.
- For your Zoom handle: we encourage everyone to include your name—and pronouns you would like people to use when referencing you—in your Zoom handle. This will facilitate question & answer sessions.
Question & Answer Etiquette:
- We have disabled the “chat” function while papers are in progress—we will turn the chat on as soon as the question and answer session begins
- If you have a question for one of the panelists, you can submit your question via the “Q & A” button. This is only viewable by the chair and the panelists. Chairs will then read the questions to the panelists.
- When asking a question via the chat function, you’re encouraged to include your name or identify yourself.
- We have encouraged all presenters to mention specific content triggers at the beginning of each paper.
- While we are not discouraging anyone from joining a session after a paper has started, please be aware that late arrivals will have missed the announced content warnings. If you have concerns about whether specific content in any paper might be triggering for you, abstracts for each paper are available at https://musicsoundtraumaconf2021.com/abstracts-bios/
- At the beginning of each paper session, organizers will provide a password-protected link to any available presentation materials (such as scripts, summaries, etc) to aid in accessibility. The materials will be view-only and only available for the duration of the session
- Zoom also has a live auto-captioning feature that will generate a transcript during sessions
- For Keynotes, an ASL interpreter will be available
- To respect intellectual property, please refrain from taking screen shots, recordings, or making any other reproduction of any conference materials or events
- Please make sure that you have updated your Zoom account to the most recent version; this will allow you to move in and out of breakout rooms of your own accord
- We have password-protected the Zoom rooms where social events will take place. In order to access these, please use the password mst2021 when prompted.
Want to share ideas about the conference on social media?
- Feel free to follow us on Instagram @music.sound.trauma
- Twitter: Music, Sound, and Trauma Conference 2021 @mstconf
- Use #musicsoundtrauma2021